Re: [teacherartexchange] Photoshop vs Elements

---------

From: Jen Ellis (just.jen.ellis_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2006 - 05:32:19 PDT

Hi Sharon-

I would say that Photoshop Elements would be a good (cheaper) way to
go. Many of the advanced features the students would probably not use.
These are some of the more advanced image editing tools that are not
included:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/photoshop/f/elementscompare.htm

I am not sure how in depth your students would go. Elements can handle
layers and large bodies of text.
These are some work arounds for tools that are not included:
http://msn.pcworld.com/article/126472-8/article.html

As for creating PDF's I am not sure if it comes with some type of
Acrobat distiller bundled or if you need to buy an Acrobat product.

The best way for your students and you to decide if the program would
work for you is with a free 30 day trial. Then you won't have to worry
about buying the wrong software. Or even have to buy it at all if you
have a tight deadline!

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopelwin/tryout.html

Hope this helps.

Jen