Re: [teacherartexchange] Photoshop vs Elements

---------

From: Sharon (sharon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2006 - 21:13:47 PDT

Thanks for the information. Part of the reason I'm asking is that we use
Photoshop to put together our yearbook. We create .pdf files and it
involves a LOT of photo resizing, lightening, sharpening, changing color
balance, changing quality, a ton of text work, multiple layers, etc. (Some
pages may have 30 or more layers--no "flattening" is done until we're ready
to submit it to the publisher.) Also, depending on the photographer, I
might receive pics in cmyk format and I have to convert them to rgb....
(Last year the independent school photographer didn't DELIVER our pictures
and on short notice I had to photograph everyone! Now THAT was an
experience....)

A couple of my advanced students want Photoshop to use for themselves at
home but they're also interested in doing some of the yearbook work (since
it's all done outside of class time!) at home. While it's affordable, I've
never used Elements and I don't know if it's capable of doing all the things
we need. The article cleared up a few things, but I'm still not sure....