Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Photoshop vs Elements

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2006 - 20:57:25 PDT

        I tell everyone to buy elements, I saw Elements 4.0 today at Best
Buy for $79 after a $20 rebate.
Teachers and students can get it for 1/2 price. I have and use
Photoshop 7.0 so I gave my Elements to
my daughter-in-law so she could edit pics of the triplets. Since I
can't really tell you what the "full
blown" version can do that's extra, I'll ask your question on a mac
list serve I'm on. When I get
some answers I'll put them on this list.

On Aug 8, 2006, at 8:53 PM, Sharon wrote:

> What are the major differences between Photoshop and Elements,
> aside from the price? I have a couple
> of students who'd love to have the "real thing" but the cost is
> prohibitive. Can Elements create .pdf files?
> What can't it do that they're used to doing using Photoshop 7?
> Thanks for your insights! :-)
> Sharon

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque

35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons