Re: [teacherartexchange] tech and art/ new comment

---------

From: Jen Ellis (just.jen.ellis_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 06 2006 - 18:20:42 PDT

I found a good article of why I feel Powerpoint is a somewhat outdated
way of presenting information:

http://www.ntlf.com/html/pi/9705/creed_1.htm

I will agree and have viewed many impressive presentations. I just
fear that Powerpoint discourages a two-way communication with the
audience. So if you use this program keep this mind to prevent a
sleepy classroom :)

Some books that have great CD-Rom companions are McGraw Hill's "Core
Concepts in Art" series. These have in depth exercises using line,
form, texture, etc... (shamless plug since i helped work on them, but
really they are an excellent resource)

For the "interactive notes" I was thinking of doing a page in html and
using javascript to have pop up windows with information or images,
maybe adding demonstration videos...not sure how this will pan
out.....