[teacherartexchange] See your house from the air

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 06 2006 - 13:59:51 PDT

A friend of mine from Colorado encouraged me to download Google Earth
version 4
for the mac. And, with it download Google SketchUp to use with it. He
is doing a
workshop for New Mexico art teachers in November using these
programs. You
can find them when you pull up Google and look through the "other"
features.

Personally, when it comes to ariel views, I prefer to use local live
from microsoft.
It has a feature called birds eye view that gives you views of houses
and neighborhoods
from various angles. Go to: http://local.live.com to access it. It is
designed for PC's
not for macs. But if I use Firefox as my browser it works for me
using my new i-mac
with OS X.4.7.

Here is a direct link to a view of my neighborhood in Albuquerque:
> Windows Live Local
> http://local.live.com/default.aspx?
> v=2&cp=pvtdnr63g37x&style=o&lvl=2&scene=487560

It should take you right to our neighborhood with our imaginary park
behind the house.
Not all cities are photographed for Bird's Eye views. But Albuquerque
and Kansas City
are. Have some fun and check it out.
                                                                Woody
Google Earth does not have the Birds Eye Views and they photographed our
neighborhood before our house was built.

Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
         mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net

35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703