[teacherartexchange] need help completing lists

---------

From: Sue Stevens (suestevens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 06 2006 - 13:57:26 PDT

Hi,
Inspired by the website posted a little while ago on the ABC of Art, I am
trying to figure out a project for my seniors......something to the effect
of each student in the class completing one square and then attaching them
all together for a school art display.....so the more obvious artists/stypes
are better than ones that the students would not be familar with. Ideally,
I would like the other students in the school to look at it, and say, 'hey -
that's vanGogh' or 'that's impressionism'.

I have two lists - one of Famous Artists, and one of Art styles/movements
BUT....I am having some dificulty completing the lists - and yes, I know I
have left some out, but some letters have many artists to their letter!

And yes....I know.....I could have the students research this....but...I
don't want to start a project like this if I don't already know that it is
do-able. If the computer labs are not abailable (which they usually are
not) I won't beable to get in research time so need a back up plan.

Any help? I'll post the completed lists when they get done!

Famous Artists

A - Arcimboldo
B - Botticelli
C - Chagall, Calder, Carr
D - Degas, daVinci, Dali, Donatello
E - Escher
F -
G -
H - Haring
I -
J - Johns
K - Klee, Kandinsky
L - Liechtenstein, Leondardo (also listed under D)
M - Monet, Matisse, Mondrian
N - Nevelson
O - Okeefe
P - Picasso, Pollock