[teacherartexchange] What are your first projects for the year?

---------

From: Carol K. (artcek_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 06 2006 - 09:52:39 PDT

I am curious to hear from other elementary teachers on what types of
projects you do in the beginning of the year.

Some ideas I have come across:
a preassessment drawing (a self portrait, a shoe...) to save for
comparison/growth at the end of the year
designing your portfolio (to contain artwork all year)
various name design projects
For Pre-K: coloring in a circle, square, & triangle & cutting them
out in the first 1-2 days

If you write me your first project of the year & the grade you do it
with I will post a compilation.

-Carol

ps. I did see some info on IAD:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/ArtNight.htm