[teacherartexchange] Thanks Marvin

---------

From: Randy Menninghaus (india99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 06 2006 - 03:39:23 PDT

I have to come out of "read only" mode to praise Marvin on his advice to
host teachers. I copied the information to re-read. Over my life time as a
public school art teacher I have had many student art teachers. I have
enjoyed each one. One suggestion to add is that I always interview my
potential candidate before I accept them. During the 6-8 weeks this person
is going to be spending more awake time with me than I do my husband, so
having a very clear idea of who I am , my approach to teaching. a sense of
who they are as a teacher is essential to me. I ask each student teacher to
do some wandering an observing of the school as a whole and select a few
none art teachers to observe. So the end of the first week they have some
observations of teaching style that they do.

For the first time ever I have a student teacher starting with me on the
first day of school. Should be very interesting.

Randy in Maine 70 degrees sunny... the way weather should be.