Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Help need a new fundraiser!

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 05 2006 - 17:06:06 PDT

I teach in a very small rural school as well. Every year my primary students
draw with fabric crayons on a quilt square. I have a local lady volunteer
her sewing expertise and sew these into a quilt which we raffle off. The
quilt brings in over $1000 a year. The kids sell tickets, as well as the
night of the music performance where we have the drawing.
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher

> Another idea I thought would be unique is purchasing a retired chaise or
> accent chair that could be primed. Assigning a theme such as "Rural
> America" and allowing each student in grades K-12 to add their artistic
> expression until the chair was completely covered. Once complete the
> chair
> could be fine tuned by more advance students and auctioned on eBay. Would
> it sell? I really don't know, but what would I have to lose, in additon
> the
> kids would really have a neat experience in collaborating the design of
> this
> chair by building off of one another's ideas. Does anyone have any
> thoughts, suggestions, or inspiration on some of the fundraisers your
> departments have done?

To unsubscribe go to