Re: [teacherartexchange] Art sites for multicultural diversity and special needs

---------

From: Judy Potter (JD-Potter_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2006 - 08:12:13 PDT

Vickie,
ArtExpress: A Curriculum for Young Children with Disabilities is an excellent resource. ArtExpress includes many art activity ideas, plands for integrated art activities, and family involvement resources. This excellent resource describes developmentally appropriate tools, materials, and activities; demonstrates integrating the arts into early childhood content; includes strategies to encourage children to develop their own images (symbols); advocates making arts materials accessible and available; recommends allowing enough time to participate in the entire art process; and shows how to adapt materials, devices, and technology to ensure access to expressive arts.

For ordering information go to: www.wiu.edu/thecenter/art or email
DJ-Burnell@wiu.edu