Re: [teacherartexchange] tech and art/ new comment

---------

From: Jen Ellis (just.jen.ellis_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2006 - 16:27:47 PDT

No problem.

I did want to reply being a "native" myself. I do agree it's important
to keep the lines of communication lines open.

I have tons more of ideas......just didn't want to write a book...just
today we were talking about "interactive lecture notes" Where you
create a sort of interactive lesson plan, where people can rollover
certain words to learn more or watch/listen to others discussing
specifics on a topic.

I was wondering about computer drawing tablets the other day....what
if we became paperless someday....scary thought.....

I will say this you can tell a LARGE difference between those in my
field who have and have not had any formal art training. The same
basic building blocks still apply...form, line, texture, color, etc.
So even though you may be worried about technology your strong
foundation is extremely important.

I am not sure at what level you teach, but sometimes if you find a
cool book with a CD-Rom attached that you are considering using for a
class, you can call the publisher and they will send you a copy for
free.

If anyone has specific questions on technology feel free to contact me:
just.jen.ellis@gmail.com

And, don't worry many of my colleagues are only under the age of 30
and we are already all attending conferences and classes this next
year to stay in the loop.

(New versions of flash are coming! I am a dork.)

Jen Ellis
Interactive Mulitmedia Artist
Cleveland, OH