Re: [teacherartexchange] look for unusual drawing media

---------

From: Jeff Pridie (jeffpridie_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2006 - 16:11:33 PDT

Sue,

Some thoughts that can create discussion and great
images.

String or yarn dipped in paint (acrylic, tempra,
watercolor)

silver wire attached to a stick drawn on gessoed
illustration board ( will have to tarnish to be able
to see it)

Use plant stains: beet juice, berries on paper.

Colored sand.

construct a brush using a stick and fur, feather,
plant material then draw with paint, stains etc.

draw with a tooth brush, hair brush, comb dipped in
paint or paint on a piece of paper then used to create
image.

for large drawings use a straw broom, a Vshaped rake
(dipped in paint)
a rake can create a nice cross-hatched affect.

Jeff (Minnesota)