[teacherartexchange] MORE ON Teaching Art at 4 Ele. Schools MORE INFORMATION

---------

From: Sara (sarawren_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2006 - 13:12:00 PDT

ORIGINAL MESSAGE

 I am talking to a School District in North Carolina that has not had Art
 in the Elementary before- there is no Ele. Art Curriculum written.
 The largest school has two teachers for each grade
 They have one Music Teacher for the four Ele. Schools.
 The Music Teacher has taught at two Ele. Schools for 9 weeks at a time
 then taught 9 weeks at two different Ele. Schools.
 The Art Teacher would share a room with the Music Teacher at 3 schools.
 They want to hire an Art Teacher to teach at all four schools.
 The district is unsure what the art budget will be.
 They want someone to develop the program and give them Ideas for:
 Teaching schedule at the four schools
 What supplies will be needed
 Art class time
 I was thinking it would be best to have 2 schools for one semester at a
 time.

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLIES

Soon I will be talking to the county Human Resource Director and the 4 Ele.
Schools in NC.
The Director told me to tell the Principals what I will need.
He said I could get a startup budget and a regular budget.

What do you think are must haves for startup?
as visual resources

What would be a Basic Supply List?
Wish List?

What are some questions to ask so I can have a smoother FIRST DAYS TIME if
I get the position?
I want to meet with the other Art Teachers and other Specials.

Many Thanks

Sara