Re: [teacherartexchange] Ideas for first week of school

---------

From: Susan Bennett (seasideblueviolet_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2006 - 21:59:04 PDT

HI I like the syrofoam trays also, not ones hta have
had meat on them though. I use the trays the students
have in cafeteria at out school I try to use the ones
lightly used. Food without a residue,. I sue these for
paint trays and keep paper liners to add to the top
for mixing. Discard paper reuse tray. I also use for
clay on individual basis.

I do simila start up things with grade school. I
sometimes do a drawing thing to place in the hall. I
love taking the older students out of doors one of the
first weeks to draw a tree. Nice pencil sketches. They
love the observational drawing time. I do this with
high school students also. They too enjoy the simple
line texture, observation thing. How to observe
nature. Takes them outdoors to be half school still on
summer break thing.
Susan in Ohio