Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Favorite Clay "tool"

From: Susan Bennett (seasideblueviolet_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2006 - 21:43:17 PDT

I too use little extruders with various size ends. The
galrilc press is probably easier to clean and less
expensive. I have some favorite wooden tools that I
use with the students to create the opening in clay
whistles. The angle of the whole needs to be a certain
angle to the vertical opening to produce a sound.
Small angled woodedn tools are treasured for this.
Susan in Ohio

--- wrote:

> My kids favorite clay "tool" are plastic garlic
> presses! They put pieces of
> clay inside (where the garlic would go), press
> together, and out of the
> small holes comes very skinny strips of clay perfect
> for birds' nests or hair,
> for examples. Or let them use a garlic press in any
> imaginative way they can
> think of!
> Susan on Long Island
> ---