[teacherartexchange] Need help w/ 3 year olds

---------

From: familyerickson (familyerickson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2006 - 16:54:29 PDT

Hi teacher friends,
I have shared a lot of lessons, lists etc. with you all and I hope you can
now help me out.
I just found out today that I will be adding 2 classes of 3 year olds for
once-a-week Art.
HELP!!
I do not have an early childhood degree and I have trouble imagining what in
the world I am supposed to do with this age group in art class. I assume
we will need to learn how to hold scissors, use a glue stick etc. Can any
of you suggest lessons, resources, or ways to work on specific skills?
I am working on having a good attitude about this responsibility but I do
struggle with the fact that teachers with K-12 art degrees are being asked
to teach 3 year olds who aren't even potty-trained......hmmm.....maybe we
will have to develop a birth - 12 art degree??
Thanks for any help or advice.
Cindy