Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: August 01, 2006

---------

From: Connie Pearson (spearson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2006 - 06:47:21 PDT

Thanks so much to Michal, Maggie and Judy for the great ideas and response
to my plea for help about painting with children and combining music and art
in my lesson plans. Any other tips that you can remember that you "learned
the hard way" during your first years of teaching art to elementary students
will be greatly appreciated.
I am really enjoying being a part of this exchange. From what I gather so
far, art people seem to be more open and willing to share than music
people -- and I'm a card-carrying music person. Wonder why that is?
I would also be interested in 1) the best places for ordering supplies that
my budget can afford, 2) using powerpoint presentations in music/art
classes, 3) doing paper mosaics with children -- managing glue, etc. It
seems to have "a life of its own."
Thanks again.
Connie Pearson
CONNIE PEARSON