Re: [teacherartexchange] clay tiles for a mural

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 31 2005 - 19:36:04 PDT

When I did our school tile mural I purchased unglazed tiles (I needed
several hundred). I gave them a white base coat using leftover wall paint.
Everyone painted their own tiles using paint pens, and then I coated them
with polyeurethane, glued them to the wall and grouted them. The mural looks
awesome and it was really simple using the paint pens.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids