Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: [teacherartexchange] Handmade Paper from Plants - Lesson File on IAD

From: jane mary (mjart49_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 31 2005 - 17:09:24 PDT

Hi All,
Judy , this lesson about papermaking with plant fibers really caught my
interest because I was going to make handmade paper with my kids this fall
but I have not ever added plants. I have added dried leaves but not plants.
I was wondering why it is necessary to cook the plants. Why wouldn't it work
if you cut up the plants really well, maybe with a paper cutter and added
some to paper pulp in the blender?

If Elizabeth or anyone could help I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

To unsubscribe go to