Re: [teacherartexchange] Article in the newest ART EDUCATION magazine

---------

From: Diane C. Gregory (dianegregory_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 27 2005 - 17:39:31 PDT

I agree with you Woody. My antenae go up whenever I hear a statement that says
"never" assign a topic! It is taking things too far. If one agreed with that
line of thinking, one could argue that the selection of materials is assigning
a topic...so the statement is basically inconsistent. If this is what they
believe, then albeit take your crayons home and don't intervene at all...all of
life is about affecting each other...relationships, the environment all effect
us...such a silly argument about keeping intervention at bay. However, kits
and kaboodles do go too far...What is the right balance...?the only way to
discover this, is on an individual basis and in relationship with a
student...there are no formulas. We pray and humbly enter the world of the
child...precious hearts and minds--what an honor we have.

--
Dr. Diane C. Gregory
Director, Undergraduate & Graduate