Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: August 15, 2005

From: debbie nicholas (dkaynik_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 27 2005 - 12:07:53 PDT

Thanks, that might work great. I had thought I could
have him draw with a stylus on a padded surface but it
didn't work. He has very little sensitivity and can't
read Braile because of problems with his medication.
He is totally blind and has been since birth. I have
known him and talked with him around campus for a
couple of years and he enjoys being in my class but it
is hard for him to do anything other than scribble.

--- wrote:

> Hi,
> This is for Debbie and her blind students. I have
> the student feel the
> objects and then using thin coils of plasticine(
> sp?) clay, I have her put clay on
> carboard making the shapes. He or her can shade in
> with pencils,sometimes can
> feel the lead markings, or use smelly markers. They
> use their sense of smell
> to figure where things go. Collages with texture
> paper works. And they can do
> very well with clay with a little help from a
> friend. Embossing stamps for
> design works. And styrofoam (sp?) with pencil
> pressing does well for printing.
> You'll be surprised what he or she can do. Good
> luck. Gail
> ---
> To unsubscribe go to

Yahoo! Mail for Mobile