Re:[teacherartexchange] Elementary students

---------

From: Marybeth Bortzfield (zbort_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 26 2005 - 17:22:50 PDT

This post is for the question of how many students do you teach in
elementary school -

My school has approximately 480 students which equals 4 sections of each
grade level K-5. I see each class once a week for 60 minutes (which is
great!), except for K which is 30 minutes long. Basically, I see almost 100
students each day plus a gifted and talented class once a week after school.
FYI-My district built two new schools last year and re-districted the whole
township. Turns out the other 4 elementary schools have 200 less students
than I do and only 3 sections of each grade level. hmmm, something is
uneven, oh and of course I am paid the same as everyone else.

Second post about low budget -
I always send a wish list home and everyone is happy to recycle their things
to school. I request that yogurt cups (a desert brand is great for paint
pots) other plastic food containers to be washed in the dishwasher to
sterilize before sending them in. My requests usually are sent out when I
am getting ready for a particular project otherwise I don't have the room to
store the goods!

Hope this helps,
mb