Re:[teacherartexchange] Pencils and more pencils

---------

artgotch_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Aug 25 2005 - 11:53:11 PDT

-----Original Message-----
From: StacieMich@aol.com
To: TeacherArtExchange Discussion Group
Sent: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 23:06:43 EDT
Subject: Re: [teacherartexchange] Drawing pencils - what is "F"??

   In a message dated 8/23/2005 6:47:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
kprs2@earthlink.net writes:
F is the middle of the hardness scale
That's right, now I remember. I hardly use that pencil when I draw.

    The recent series of e-mails about pencils has been quite
informative, however, with my 8th graders, a pencil doesn't stay around
long enough to build any relationship to it. I think maybe this term,
I'm going to try giving the history, create a chart of pencil types and
uses  and then perhaps, they might  be more respectful once gain they a
little  knowledge. Teaching 8th graders is always a challenge. This
might be fun.
Barbara