[teacherartexchange] regarding supplies and delivery

---------

From: Randy Menninghaus (india99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 25 2005 - 10:02:05 PDT

Ah... I am just back from two days in New Hampshire away from the thoughts
of school.
I have had years of excellent service from Sax. There have been changes
with in the company, but I still sent my bid order in there this summer. My
fall order was activated 7 days ago by phone. Some things that help, are to
send bid requests via fax. When you get your bid back look at it. It varies
but sometimes I get more than 20-25 percent off. than when the P.O. is
okayed by the boss people, telephone the order into the bid department.
They are always VERY patient, and can tell you if things are in stock. I
ask them to back-order, but NOT to hold the shipment for backorders. They
cobble together what is in stock and send it promptly. As items come back
in stock they send them. The do not bill you for the backordered items. Now
our secretary really doesn't like BACKORDERS cause they get complicated.
But the way our school works, if I drop backorders and try to reorder
later, I loose the free shipping and often the school budget is frozen.
the will offer a bid to anyone, but I always try to keep the order above
500.00 to get the free shipping. Which is also on the clay. Kelly Albright
is one person who is in the bid department but all people are really
helpful. I will tell you exactly when the order arrives.
Back in the old days I would/could send the bid order in June. Sax would
not bill until July and all my supplies would be in my room when I came
back. Sending a bid in in August is harder because the richer schools have
allready placed and fill their orders. So there are always more back
orders in orders placed in August/September.
Peace, Randy