Re: [teacherartexchange] Schools in New York City

---------

From: bhagwan chavan (bhagwanchavan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 24 2005 - 23:10:09 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ann Heineman" <aiheineman@prodigy.net>
To: "TeacherArtExchange Discussion Group" <teacherartexchange@lists.pub.getty.edu>
Subject: Re: [teacherartexchange] Schools in New York City
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 16:19:10 -0400

> Hi Johanna,
> Welcome to the art teachers exchange! Sorry I can't help you with your
> questions since I am now retired-- for 3 years after a 35 year career. But
> I visited your fabulous country in 2002! Took lots of pictures of your
> exotic geological formations and geysers. Would love to return someday
> again and see more!
> I am sure the other teachers on the list will come through with
> suggestions for your visit next summer.
>
> Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
> Art teacher, K-5, retired
>
> >  Hi.
> > I am an Icelandic art teacher and I teach in school for children age 6 - 16.
> > My school has only 200 pupils and emphasizes on teaching for understanding,
> > multiply intelligence and teamwork.
> >
> > The teachers and some other staff at my school are going to visit schools in
> > New York City next June (2006), and I am wondering if I can find
> > schools there
> > for children age 6 - 16 that emphasis in:
> >
> > 1. Visual art teaching/learning
> > 2. Learning thru art (visual art, music, dance)
> > 3. Intergrading visual art to other subjects in the school.
> >
> > I will be grateful for some answers.
> > Best regards, Johanna.
> >

> >visual art teaching can be done with nature walk and learning takes place

visual art ,music dance are inter linked faculties one can find the tool to communicate this art forms to involving children one can see a colour ful world ahed.

--
India.com free e-mail - www.india.com.
Check out our value-added Premium features, such as an extra 20MB for mail storage, POP3, e-mail forwarding, and ads-free mailboxes!