Re:[teacherartexchange] Drawing pencils - LONG

---------

From: Sue Stevens (suestevens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 23 2005 - 20:15:11 PDT

Glad everyone liked it - as I said, I have it all formatted nicely as a
handout. I have all the top information there, but the funny facts at the
bottom have blanks, and I have the kids guess at the figures.

I have added the following to the sheet, at the end of the first
paragraph...
The word pencil comes from the Latin penicillus, which means little brush.
If anyone finds anything else that would be good to add to the sheet - let
me know.
Oh, also, if you would like a good project to go with pencil discussion (for
older students), check out these samples on my department webiste

http://www.tvdsb.on.ca/woodstock/art/Courses/grade12art/creativepencilsdrawing.htm

http://www.tvdsb.on.ca/woodstock/art/archives/Archives2002-2003/creativepencildrawings.htm

http://www.tvdsb.on.ca/woodstock/art/Courses/grade12art/creativepencilsdrawingSem2.htm

This assignment is out of Keith Vale's "From Ordinary to Extrodinary". I
have my grade 12 students complete it...you can see that some are certainly
more advanced than others! The shoe on the first link is one of my
favourites!
Enjoy
Sue Stevens