[teacherartexchange] Huichol lesson

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 23 2005 - 18:23:08 PDT

I found this excellent site tonight while researching
for a lesson I'm writing on Huichol bead kukas.

http://www.thebeadmuseum.com/Huichol/default.htm

We will make small clay animals, mostly snakes and
turtles. I will coat their backs with melted beeswax
and we will cover them with seed beads.

I have a lot of beeswax from the decade or so my
family had bees, and my grandma beaded for the Pawnee
trading post & my dad beaded a lot too, so I have
plenty of beads. I think it is worth trying.