Re: [teacherartexchange] computer files to open

---------

From: Marvin Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 23 2005 - 06:25:07 PDT

>. . . Regardless,when my word document or powerpoint file arrives atschool by email, it has been compressed and needs tobe unzipped. Can anyone help me? . . .
>Beth

If unzip is a hassle, it may be easier to move files between computers using the USB port and a small pocket drive (called thumb drive or flash drive). Not having a thumb drive handy, I often use my card reader and the flash card used with my digital camera. It works just like a pocket drive. I have also used my digital camera with the cord that connects directly to the computer to move files from the computer to the camera and then to another computer (this may require installing the camera driver software on one or both computers).

A slower way is to use a re-writable CD. Write-once CDs are cheaper than a bottle of water.

With Windows, you can see all the drives on your computer by holding down the special Windows key (bottom of key board) while hitting the E key (wait a second or 20). Do it twice and drag the windows so you can see two of them. Click open the drive folders (click on the little + signs) until finding the file. Drag and drop with right button to move or copy.

With Mac use Finder, File, New Finder Window to show two sets of drives to easily drag and drop files between drives.

Marvin