Re: [teacherartexchange] Need Help With an Idea

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 22 2005 - 18:23:52 PDT

I have done this several times with my middle school. I put together a
pretty extensive power point on a LOT of the city scultpture ideas (although
I need to update it since Wichita did airplanes). After I show the ppt I
demo how to make clay rattles (very step by step). Then I have them turn
their rattles into pigs. They make a great display, they all turn out
successfully. Our mascot is a mustang, and if I could figure out how they
could be successful doing horses I would do it in a heartbeat! I believe
some examples are on my site. It would be fun to then upgrade them into
large scale sculptures!
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids