[teacherartexchange] classification of artifacts

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 22 2005 - 08:54:05 PDT

I have a Language Arts class along with my art classes this year. I have
been reading with interest all of the math threads - (because I teach math
too) but have been lurking for the most part lately.

I am working on poetry this year and using the book 'Where I'm From... where
poems come from" by Kentucky author George Ella Lyon. I am having the
students bring in one artifact dear to them as a prompt, the other students
will generate some questions about the artifact (inquiry method), and the
students will have to list the attributes of each artifact as a
pre-writer....

anyway - long story longer.... I found this page when I was researching
archeological classification - might be interesting to do a variation with
classes -
http://www.southalabama.edu/archaeology/ed-pottery_analysis.htm

Ellen