Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: [teacherartexchange] Another question

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 21 2005 - 20:14:48 PDT

Before I had a kiln, I tried several different clays (remember the one that
hardened in water??) before deciding that plain white Sculpey works best. You
can buy it by the boxful and save money. It may cost a little more, but it
doesn't break as easily and accepts paint well.

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH

>===== Original Message From =====
>I am now writing a letter to the school director regarding some of my
>concerns. One is the lack of supplies. Many of my students want to work
with clay.
>Which type would you recommend I put on my list. It needs to be affordable
>and good for kids in grades 3-8. We don't have a kiln, so either it should
>self-hardening or something I could bake at home in my oven. I just don't
>want some clay that will crack and crumble once it dries. Any suggestions?

To unsubscribe go to