[teacherartexchange] Open letter of Appreciation

---------

From: Leah Rachlis (leah_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 21 2005 - 11:41:03 PDT

Hi All,

It is Sunday, my students come back tomorrow - I am in my classrroom after 9
hours yesterday - at least today the Board is bringing lunch!

I have actually enjoyed the "normalcy" of setting up my grade book, filling
in my planner (dates only so far!) Scrubbing my tables and benches, and
hangings some of last years art show to brighten up the joint!

All things considered, I am surprisingly well prepared for at least the
first week - (I am compulsive enough I usually have the first quarter
planned by mid-summer.)

I realized this morning as I choose not to go to at temple function, that I
am tired of people saying "I'm sorry" which is not to say that it is not an
approparte thing for people to say, just that after a while I really want to
get back to real life... at the same time it feels weird when someone who
does not know, looks at em funny when I act weird - go figure

Mostly, I wanted to say thank you to all of you who sent warm wishes and
lesson plans - I have always had a strong faith in my fellow humans, my
biggest problem is usually forgetting to ask for support, so I asked, you
all came through in a most wonderful way - and I thank you.

Here to a great year - for all our young artists, and those of us who are
blessed enough to have the opportunity to inspire them...

Gratefully yours,

Leah

PS: Mom has two wonderful Renoir posters from the Phillips collection
exhibit, she saw it on the east coast, I took my guys up to Denver to see
it - the posters now grace my funky little art room - which never got
expanded this summer, because I was not here to beat the drums - bummer!