[teacherartexchange] 10 Most Influential Modern Works

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 21 2005 - 10:19:53 PDT

Hi, all,

The new Art & Antiques arrived yesterday and I immediately turned to the
provocative article about the top 10 most influential pieces of modern
art. This list was compiled in December from a British survey of 500
artistts, curators, critics, and art dealers. Unlike the art history
texts which stretch "Modern" back to early 19th century, this is
strictly 20th century stuff. I'm tossing the list out to you for your
own amusement, outrage, thoughts, head-scratching...
1. Duchamp, Fountain
2. Picasso, Les Demoiselles d'Avignon
3. Warhol, Marilyn Monroe Diptych
4. Picasso, Guernica
5. Matisse, The Red Studio
6. Beuys, I Like America and America Likes Me
7. Brancusi, Endless Column
8. Pollock, One (Number 31, 1950)
9. Judd, 100 Untitled Works in Mill Aluminum
10. Moore, Reclining Figure 1929

Maggie