Re: [teacherartexchange] The Art Teacher's Guide to the Internet - by Craig Roland

---------

nwalkup_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Aug 21 2005 - 09:48:38 PDT

Great book!I highly recommend it! Many people from the list are included!

Nancy

From: Judy Decker <judy.decker@gmail.com>
Date: Sun Aug 21 11:20:51 CDT 2005
To: TeacherArtExchange Discussion Group <teacherartexchange@lists.pub.getty.edu>
Subject: [teacherartexchange] The Art Teacher's Guide to the Internet - by Craig Roland

Dear List Members,

I am posting this valuable resource to many lists. I just received my
copy of The Art Teacher's Guide to the Internet. This is an
informative guide for art teachers and home schoolers. Book is by
Craig Roland, EdD - professor and University of Florida - and creator
of the popular @rt Room Web site: http://www.arts.ufl.edu/art/rt_room/

The Art Teacher's Guide to the Internet
http://www.davis-art.com/catalog/index.asp?product_id=470

Integrating Internet Resources and Art Learning.

"Today's art teachers use the Internet to further professional
development, to improve classroom presentations, and to promote their
teaching programs on a global scale. Their students are using the
World Wide Web through activities and projects that involve online
research, collaboration, and electronic publication. Covering a broad
range of topics related to pragmatic use of the Internet in the art
room, this up-to-date resource provides a solid introduction to how
art teachers can make the most of the Internet, transforming existing
online resources and art curriculum goals into working teaching
strategies and rewarding classroom projects for students.

Topics covered include

How the Internet can support contemporary art education goals and practices
How the Web really works, and how to effectively search for online information
Building connections to students' everyday lives, including using the
Web to support your students as knowledge builders
Promoting safe and responsible Internet use in the classroom
Assessment strategies to gauge students' learning and performance."
Additional topics include using the web for student research and site
building tips.

Davis Publications:
Catalog #: 695-4
ISBN: 0-87192-695-4
Price: $24.95
I highly recommend this book...Of course that is because Incredible
Art Department is one of the featured sites (smile)....as well as many
other great sites for art education. Descriptions of the sites are
given so you know what you will find. Many Art Ed list members have
their school sites featured. I know I will have my book open as I
browse for school sites to feature on Spotlight on Student art.

I will be looking for new-to-me sites to feature on Great Sites, too
(of course referencing Craig's book as my source).

Pardon the "commercial" but I feel this book will be a valuable
addition to your personal library (or school library).

Regards,

Judy Decker

--
Incredible Art Department