[teacherartexchange] Great Exhibit of Spanish Art

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 20 2005 - 19:11:18 PDT

I just got back from the preview opening of the second,
in a series of three, exhibit of Spanish art at the
Albuquerque Museum. I was so impressed by the paintings
and by the way it was displayed. Such a crowd, it was
hard to get near the paintings. Fortunately, on Monday
when the museum is closed, docents get a private tour.
The exhibition is called "Prelude to Spanish Modernism:
Fortuny to Picasso". I did a presentation on one of the
artists, Joaquin Sorolla a couple of weeks back.
http://www.taospaint.com/Joaquin/Sorolla.html
If you are going to be near Albuquerque before November
27, I suggest that you make time to see this exhibition.
It will also be in Dallas, Texas after it closes here.
It will hang at the Meadows Museum in Dallas.
http://www.cabq.gov/museum/featured.html

Albuquerque is celebrating it's 300th birthday with these
three exhibitions of Spanish Art. The last exhibit,
"Picasso to Plensa: A Century of Art from Spain" will be
on display December 18th through April 16th, 2006.

                                Woody

--
	Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
		mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net