Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Great Exhibit of Spanish Art

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 20 2005 - 19:11:18 PDT

I just got back from the preview opening of the second,
in a series of three, exhibit of Spanish art at the
Albuquerque Museum. I was so impressed by the paintings
and by the way it was displayed. Such a crowd, it was
hard to get near the paintings. Fortunately, on Monday
when the museum is closed, docents get a private tour.
The exhibition is called "Prelude to Spanish Modernism:
Fortuny to Picasso". I did a presentation on one of the
artists, Joaquin Sorolla a couple of weeks back.
If you are going to be near Albuquerque before November
27, I suggest that you make time to see this exhibition.
It will also be in Dallas, Texas after it closes here.
It will hang at the Meadows Museum in Dallas.

Albuquerque is celebrating it's 300th birthday with these
three exhibitions of Spanish Art. The last exhibit,
"Picasso to Plensa: A Century of Art from Spain" will be
on display December 18th through April 16th, 2006.

	Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
35 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
Ordering Address: PO Box 91703
Albuquerque, NM    87199-1703