Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Mastectomy Bill in Congress-Read this!

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 20 2005 - 16:22:23 PDT

This, for once, is NOT an urban legend. This bill has been introduced
and set aside many times over the years in Congress. It is currently
being sponsored by a senator and a representative, both women. However,
much more effective than signing an Internet petition--because how can
signatures be verified?--is to send letters, faxes, and even e-mails
directly to your Congressional delegation urging their support.

Denise Deaton wrote:

>>There's a bill called the Breast Cancer Patient
>>Protection Act which will
>>require insurance companies to cover a minimum
>>48-hour hospital stay for
>>patients undergoing a mastectomy. It's about
>>eliminating the "drive-through
>>mastectomy" where women are forced to go home hours
>>after surgery against
>>the wishes of their doctor, still groggy from
>>anesthesia and sometimes with

To unsubscribe go to