Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Aesthetic Art Books

From: Pam (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 20 2005 - 10:53:28 PDT

The puzzles book would be a fun book for your students. I don't remember
anything that would be inappropriate and it is written in such as way as to
be user friendly. Some of the puzzles really stimulate thinking and great
debates. I like this book because it is such a hands-on way to teach ideas
about aesthetics.

I just completed a search on They have five copies that start
at $20. These must be hardcover. My book is softcover and I paid $3.50 for
it at

The Stewart book is also user friendly, but it's written with the teacher in
mind. It would be a good resource for you to teach from, but probably not
something you'd have the kids read page for page.

If I am not mistaken, there will be an occasional column in SchoolArts this
year that deals with aesthetic issues. If you don't already have a
subscription to SchoolArts, you should consider that, too.

Join us in June 2006 for Paris, Avignon, and the French Riviera
For details, visit:

Pamela G. Stephens, PhD
Northern Arizona University
Art Education
P.O. Box 6020
Flagstaff, AZ 86011-6020
928.523.2432 (voice mail) 928.523.3333 (fax)

To unsubscribe go to