Re: [teacherartexchange] Learning to read a work of art --- perfect!

---------

From: Pam (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 19 2005 - 19:42:34 PDT

On the contrary. I am saying that learning to read a work of art is
validation of the importance of what art teaches. If a student learns this
skill early in life, what a wonderful gift the teacher has imparted.

Not every child (or college student for that matter) has the good fortune to
be taught these essential skills.

I absolutely believe that the skills developed by learning to read a work of
art transfer to skills of language arts and reading. The kicker is that is
impossible to determine the depth of the correlation and therefore it is
difficult to gather hard data.