Re: [teacherartexchange] Learning to read a work of art --- perfect!

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 19 2005 - 19:13:53 PDT

I'm not sure I understand how learning to read a work of art underscores art
learning. I learned to read a work of art in college. I was surprised to
learn that many of the reading strategies correlate closely with how I teach
my students to read a painting, which are the same steps I have learned at
art conferences, art workshops, and my college art courses. Are you saying
my thoughts are invalid? Please explain your thoughts.