Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Learning to read a work of art --- perfect!

From: Pam (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 19 2005 - 18:48:14 PDT

Learning to read a work of art underscores what we do in the art classroom.
If that's not teaching higher order thinking skills that translate into
analysis, interpretation, and application, nothing is. This is keeping art
meaningful rather than turning it into a handmaiden.

Join us in June 2006 for Paris, Avignon, and the French Riviera
For details, visit:

Pamela G. Stephens, PhD
Northern Arizona University
Art Education
P.O. Box 6020
Flagstaff, AZ 86011-6020
928.523.2432 (voice mail) 928.523.3333 (fax)

To unsubscribe go to