[teacherartexchange] research

---------

From: Pam (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 19 2005 - 17:54:46 PDT

>>I think one of the approaches might be to say that the arts reinforce math
>>skills, and show how math is used in the art studio.<<

Your final phrase is perfect. Finding meaning in art can relate to how math
is used in art and therefore lead to art-based math learning.

To me the idea of the arts reinforcing another content area is making the
arts the handmaiden. I think we are on the same page. Perhaps it is a matter
of semantics.

Pam

Join us in June 2006 for Paris, Avignon, and the French Riviera
For details, visit:
http://www.artresourcesforteachers.com/2006Travel.html

Pamela G. Stephens, PhD
Northern Arizona University
Art Education
P.O. Box 6020
Flagstaff, AZ 86011-6020
928.523.2432 (voice mail) 928.523.3333 (fax)
Pamela.Stephens@nau.edu
http://www.cal.nau.edu/art/fac_pages/faculty_s.htm