[teacherartexchange] Resizing Pics on my Website

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 19 2005 - 17:53:21 PDT

I'm not sure how many of you maintain a website. Recently when
I've tried to upload new pages I get a notice that I've exceeded
my limit. At first I dumped some old pages to make needed room.
Later I deleted movies because they take a lot of room. As I added
more new pages I ran into the notice again. I pay for 250 MB of
space on the server but I've got lots of images up there. Now,
finally I've gotten smart. I'm going through my web site
systematically, reducing the sizes of image after image. I was
posting pics that were way larger than necessary to look decent
on a monitor. I pulled down pics that were 100 K to 250 K and
replaced them with the same pic downsized to 43 K to 87 K.
I've just started and I've made room for 32.5 MB of new pages.

If you are a web pro then none of this is news. If you just poke
away like me then perhaps my experience will help you in
managing your own web site. Of course If I really needed space
then I could get rid of some of those 90 plus pages on my
grandkids. Na, I thing I'll keep downsizing to make space
available for more pics of those fantastic triplets.

                                One Proud Poppie

--
	Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
		mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net