Re: [teacherartexchange] Still needing more help...

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 19 2005 - 17:05:15 PDT

StacieMich@aol.com wrote:

>It's 10:02, and I'm just now trying to
>figure out my lesson for tomorrow. I'm supposed to turn in seven lesson plans
>by tomorrow, but that's just not possible. I don't even have my gradebook set
>up yet because everyday I'm still getting new kids and new classes.

Make things a little easier for yourself by teaching the same lesson to
2-3 classes. Tell your admin, if they question this, that you're trying
out some new ideas and want to see which age group is most appropriate.
I did this but never had to justify it. It made that first quarter much
easier. Don't worry about a gradebook yet. I never organized mine 'til
after the third week, when things had settled down some. Print class
lists on a grid and just use that for now. I have used ClassMaster for
years, and you can print out a gradebook page with the students' names
on it and spaces for ten grades.

Maggie