RE: [teacherartexchange] Art and Math research

---------

From: Deb (surreal70_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 19 2005 - 09:10:57 PDT

Betty I so agree about the food folds. I have no research but know that of a few projects that frankly, most of us know:

    1. Gridding to scale to enlarge

    2. Tescellations (sp?)

    3. Designing with protractor and compass

    4. Thread sewing using the above.

The best research that I have been able to find all comes back to Gardener"s Many Ways of Learning and anything related to accommodation of learning styles and student individualization. Math was always a bear for me because I couldn't get it auditorily. I will keep looking for you as the year goes on. Some of the left brainers need good left brain explanations for what may of us know through intuition and experience. Deb/Kent