Re:[teacherartexchange] Advice Rowdy Kids

---------

From: Deb (surreal70_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 19 2005 - 08:28:08 PDT

Marybeth, Thanks for the posting. I liked your morph idea. I teach middle school and have my entire carrer9since 1975) and still amazed at how different the dynamics are in each group - what works for one group, bombs with another. My solution is a revised set of plans from a file. Each lesson only takes a couple of classes and whilw some are more elementary in nature all are chose to build confidence and increase comfort levels with risking on paper. Alot of them are really creative play. I've found that alot of kids that are rowdy,use this as a way to avoid risking on paper because then they might be "judged" and found lacking. It is important to make the classroom environment a safe place to take risks and feel safe and secure. Deb/kent