[teacherartexchange] found objects

---------

From: KPRS2 (kprs2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 18 2005 - 15:30:39 PDT

Here's the found object list of things I have used for jewelry

bones
buttons
toilet paper (ah...my favorite...put three layers of individual sheets of tp
(dampening each layer with a makeup sponge) on the stamp end of a rubber
stamp...you now have an embossed piece of paper that can be the basis of
earrings or pins)
bottle caps (check online for bottle cap jewelry)
pull things from soda cans (they can be crocheted together to make shapes,
forms
shrinky dinks (some people have talked about how to make shrinky dinks from
plastics)
postcard images
paper mache
magazines (roll triangular strips into beads)
dominos
scrabble tiles
recycle old jewelry findings, as well as beads, etc. (buy cheap jewelry at
garage sales, disassemble)
clock parts
hardware (i.e. screws, washers)
doll parts
small plastic animals you find in packages
maps
keys
telephone wire (cozy up to an electrician for scraps)

San D