[teacherartexchange] teaching a jewelry class

---------

From: Randy Menninghaus (india99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 18 2005 - 03:23:15 PDT

What kinds of materials do you have already? I have done simple silver
soldering and can talk you through that. Inventory your wires & pliers as
much can be made with them.
Have you ever gotton fimo fever? Polymerclayexpress on the internet is a
good start for that. So many kinds of stones and beads can be created with
polymer clay. Premo is my favorite and oyu can buy it buy the pound. If you
do a net search and you are patient there is a place selling it on sale. I
buy black and white and have the kids buy their own colors.
Remember they can create packaging or some kind of backdrop to hang their
jewlry on as well for display.
Found object jewelry is amazing... Do net searches for it.
good luck as this is really short notice for you to do that change!!!