Re: [teacherartexchange] Advice, Please: Rowdy Kids

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 20:26:44 PDT

On classroom management: I have (almost) always found that if you are
well prepared and keep the students busy on meaningful work that
is challenging enough and fun to do they will behave. The students
respect a teacher that knows their stuff and interacts with them
in a caring way. If they respect and care for you they will jump
through any hoop for you. I never spent very much time with any
sort of classroom management scheme. I was to busy teaching and
helping students. After all is art and they love to be there
and are eager to please you.
                                        Woody

--
	Woody, Retired in Albuquerque