Re: [teacherartexchange] Mona Bucks, Woody Bucks, etc

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 19:24:50 PDT

Betty B wrote:

> But I want to temper it with "mona bucks" or whatever.
> (I guess I could do "Betty Bucks" but I've already
> made the Mona's!)

You could but different artists on various denominations
to reinforce art history.

You don't have to keep track of them if you print money
in various denominations. Kids save the bucks and cash
in lower denominations for larger ones.

> What do you all give Bucks for? I have a way to keep
> track of them, but want to be systematic about how
> they are rewarded.

Reward for simple things at first then inflate the
economy to more important things.

1st being quiet or polite
2nd cleaning up after projects
3rd being especially creative or innovative

> What do you give for rewards? It will all be out of my
> pocket so it needs to be modest.

I'd suggest an auction every grade period.
Collect prizes for the auction through donations.
Kids will bid high for the silliest things.

> I was thinking of giving bucks for so many
> Accellerated Reader points for art history or artist
> bios, for every week their group does clean up
> successfully, what else?

I took a group of kids to the movies. It was greatest
when I watched them give money to friends to bid higher.
                                Woody

--
	Woody, Retired in Albuquerque
		mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net