[teacherartexchange] Mona Bucks, Woody Bucks, etc

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 18:49:23 PDT

I am going to voluntarily follow a new discipline
system this year, with logins, and "ZAP" study
sessions for uncompleted work, lots more parental
phone calls, to deal with a particularly difficult
grade level.

I am very willing to try it all, since the teachers
initiating it are excellent and have great classroom
management.

But I want to temper it with "mona bucks" or whatever.
(I guess I could do "Betty Bucks" but I've already
made the Mona's!)

What do youall give Bucks for? I have a way to keep
track of them, but want to be systematic about how
they are rewarded.

What do you give for rewards? It will all be out of my
pocket so it needs to be modest.

I was thinking of giving bucks for so many
Accellerated Reader points for art history or artist
bios, for every week their group does clean up
successfully, what else?

I can reward them with a can of pop or juice at lunch
or credit at the student store for supplies, or a
lunch slushie I guess.

Any tips appreciated.